The TM-180 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone that brings warmth and brightness to your home or project studio recordings. It offers a wide frequency response for precise and smooth reproduction of vocals, acoustic string instruments, brass instruments and other sound sources.
A switchable low-cut filter allows you to add clarity by reducing the amount of unwanted low-frequency sounds or to compensate for the proximity effect in close miking. There is also a switchable level attenuation that reduces the risk of distortion caused by excessively loud sounds. And the cardioid directivity pattern enables the TM-180 to pick up the intended source while rejecting off-axis sounds.
The TM-180 is a condenser microphone opposed to dynamic microphones which are usually being used in live performances. Unlike dynamic mics, a condenser mic does not need a relatively heavy magnet and voice coil to convert acoustic waves into electrical signals.
Instead, it uses a diaphragm coupled to an electrical condenser where vibrations are converted to changes in capacitance, realising a lightweight structure that helps to create a wider and smoother frequency response.
To derive a signal from the changes in capacitance, electrical power is required.
- Condenser microphone for capturing precise, high-definition sound at home or in the studio
- Large gold-plated diaphragm with a diameter of 34 mm
- High SPL (sound pressure level) capability and smooth sound curve with a decent peak around 9 kHz – ideal to emphasize lead vocals or lead instruments like saxophone or other brass instruments
- Unidirectional (cardioid) pattern is ideal to capture single sound sources
- Switchable low-cut filter to reduce unwanted low-frequency sounds
- Switchable level attenuation (–10 dB) to protect the mic from excessively loud audio sources
- Perfect for recording with any Tascam recorder or interface that supplies phantom power
- Included accessories: suspension shockmount, soft case, hard case, 5/8-inch to 3/8-inch screw adapter
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Output impedance: 200 Ω
- Load impedance: <1 kΩ
- Sensitivity: –35 dB, ±2 dB (0 dB = 1 V/Pa at 1 kHz)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 130 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 79 dB
- Connector: 3-pin XLR, male
- Phantom power: DC 48 V
- External dimensions (Ø × L): 28 mm × 190 mm
- Weight: 420 g (mic body only)